Just received my next Baofeng. This one is the Baofang UV-82. For the low low price of these radios, it’s fun to buy and sell them. After selling the UV-5R, I wanted to try another one of these knockoffs that i bought over at The eHamStore.
From what I have heard, these factories in China produce radios for the BIG THREE on the first and second shift and then make these knockoffs during the 3rd shift. It would stand to reason since the Kenwood TH-F6A programming cable and speaker mic fit these Baofeng radios.
- Positive Feedback:
- – Audio reports have been very good
- – Nasty inter-mod is virtually gone compared to the UV-3R/5R
- – Receiver has excellent sensitivity when scanning fire frequencies. I have no PL or DCS tones enabled. As a result I am hearing fire chatter from as far away as Connecticut at times.
- — Negative Feedback:
- – I’ve read that the battery is mislabeled. It’s labeled as a 2800mAh but is actually an 1800mAh. Battery life has been very good.
- – I don’t like belt clips. It’s included but makes holding the radio uncomfortable.
- – Scanning stops when you transmit on the opposite band.
The radio is a very good buy for around $50. It comes with the usual array of Baofeng accessories. Pick one up for yourself. Come on it’s about as much as dinner for a family of 4 at Mikey Dees these days!
Oh yeah it’s also this week’s special at http://ehamstore.com/